Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Parmesan Chicken

[Picture added by carizolli (9/14/08) - I made this for dinner tonight. I breaded the chicken with crushed Ritz crackers w/Italian seasonings. It was absolutely delicious! I also didn't have any parmesan cheese - DON'T LAUGH - parmasean chicken w/out parmasean - I know! But it was great even with just mozzarella.]

OK. First let me say that this is just the name I called this because I used Parmesan Cheese.

In a 9x13 cake pan Pour some of the Italian sauce (see the recipe below) in the pan just to cover the bottom.
In a large frying pan brown(don't cook) the boneless skinless Chicken breast in butter. As many as you need. (A slight variation is to dip the chicken in butter and then in Italian flavored bread crumbs before browning.) Put the browned chicken breast in the cake pan place a piece of mozzarella cheese on each breast.
Pour the remaining sauce in the frying pan and stir to pick up the drippings from the pan.
Pour over the chicken in the cake pan and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top (be generous).
cover and bake at 350 for about an hour and a half. Serve with pasta of your Choice.

No comments: