Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lavender Lemon Tea Cookies

This is a Recipe that Tamara Sprague sent me. I have wanted this recipe all summer and She finally came through, I love her art of cooking


2 Tbsp. lavender flowers, crushed
2 c. soft unsalted butter
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. lemon extract
2 c. pastry flour, sifted
¼ tsp. salt

In mixer with paddle attachment, add lavender & sugar. Mix well. Add butter, then vanilla & lemon extract. Cream together well. Sift in flour & salt; mix until combined. Refrigerate 1-2 hrs.
Roll ¼” thick. Cut out (I like hearts or scalloped edge circles) & put onto ungreased cookie sheet to chill. Bake at 325° for 12-14 min. until edges are just brown.

Icing:
2 c. powdered sugar
4 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp. corn syrup

Add lemon juice & corn syrup to powdered sugar, mixing well. Spread on cooled cookies.


2 comments:

ReNee said...

Tamara wrote me and said:
"I buy dried culinary lavender flowers from our local health food store and then crush them in my mortar & pestle.
The cookies are more like shortbread...

carizolli said...

I've had these cookies - I LOVED them.