Monday, August 25, 2008

Crockpot Beefy Taco Bean Soup


2 lbs. rump roast (I use either hamburger or boneless/skinless chicken breasts)
1 pk taco seasoning
1 can Mexican style diced tomatoes (15 oz.)
1 small can green chiles
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 onion - chopped
2 beef bouillon cubes (I have also used beef stock which makes it a little less chili-like - but still very tasty!)
2 cans red kidney beans, (15 oz. each), rinsed, drained
Shredded cheddar cheese

Cut roast into bite sized chunks. Roll in taco seasoning and add to crock pot. Then add the tomatoes, chiles, tomato sauce, onion, and bouillon cubes. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours or until meat is tender.

Add the drained beans and cook until the beans are heated through; around 30 minutes. Serve topped with cheese, and/or the toppings that you like. (I like to top it with sour cream, guacamole, olives and cheese. Then I cut flour tortillas into triangles and fry them up like chips - use that instead of a spoon - DELISH!)

I found this recipe at Cooking Cache.

3 comments:

ReNee said...

Is this what we had at the coast? You Called it taco soup. I loved it and the sour cream and guacamole set it off perfectly.

carizolli said...

Yes, same stuff we had at the coast. It's one of my favorites too!

The Fife's said...

I really liked this too. With the sour cream, guacamole, cheese and the tortilla chips. YUMMY!!