Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Easy Peasy Chili!

Ok, so I don't have any food in the house and I had to try to come up with something for dinner tonight. This is what I came up with and it was TASTY!

Easy Peasy Chili

1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 can Green Enchilada Sauce
1 c. beef broth
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
Onion Flakes (depends on how oniony you want it, I did a couple shakes)
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste

In a large pot combine all ingredients, bring to a slight boil and then bring it down to low heat. Cover and let simmer until heated through. (I let it simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour just because Greg wasn't home yet.)

Serve with cheese and sour cream. I made rolls to go with it but Greg said it was really good with chips crushed into it as well.

Serves 4

**I didn't have any ground beef but I would recommend adding a pound of ground beef to the recipe. I would season the beef with all of the seasonings and then add it to all the other ingredients.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

carizolli said...

Sounds so yummy. I can't wait to try it.

ReNee said...

I love it when my girls try their hand at their own creations. Your own creation is always yummy because it is made out of love. Thanks for sharing.