Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eggnog Rice Pudding

I made rice the other night for dinner but Jason decided he wanted Quiznos so we ate out instead *lol* So, based on my current eggnog obsession, I looked up a recipe for eggnog rice pudding. I really like recipes with few ingredients - so this one looked perfect! And it tasted incredible!

Eggnog Rice Pudding:

Ingredients:

  • 2-1/4 cups eggnog
  • 5 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 2 cups cooked long grain rice
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries (I didn't use these - NOT a fan of candied cherries!)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt (woops...did it call for salt?)

Directions:

Place 2 cups eggnog in a heavy saucepan. Combine cornstarch and remaining eggnog until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; boil for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in rice, cherries, vanilla and salt. Spoon into dishes. Chill 2-3 hours. Yield: 4-6 servings.

Recipe from: Taste of Home. (thanks Google)

2 comments:

The Fife's said...

I love rice pudding. Was it good??

ReNee said...

Man you must be my daughters. I love rice pudding and eggnog. I will definitely try this one!