Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

(Picture posted by carizolli - this recipe was DELICIOUS! The leftovers didn't last long either!)

I have this recipe for Chicken Enchiladas and thought I would try it out in the casserole form like Mom use to make. It turned out really good. I took a picture but there is not a card in my camera and I don't have a cord to plug it in to my computer so I will have to figure out how to get it posted. Sorry all!!

2 cans Cream of Chicken or Cream of Celery Soup
1 C. Sour Cream
4 Tbsp. Butter
1 C. chopped Onion
2 tsp Chili Powder
4 C. diced cooked Chicken
2 cans chopped Green Chillies (4oz. cans)
Flour Tortillas cut in 4ths
1 can Enchilada Sauce
Shredded Montery Jack or Cheddar cheese

  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • In a small bowl, stir together the soup and sour cream until smoot, set aside.
  • In fry pan, melt butter and add Chili powder. Saute onion and chilies until onion is tender, stirring often. Stir in chicken, chilies and 4 Tbsp of the soup mixture, remove from heat.
  • Layer some of the flour tortillas in the bottom of a cake size glass dish. Add a enough of the chicken mixture to cover the tortillas, some of the soup mixture, drizzle enchilada sauce and then sprinkle cheese. Continue layers until the chicken mixture is gone. On the top stop with the enchilada sauce and cover with foil. Cook 15mins and then take foil off and sprinkle more cheese on top. Cook 5-8 more minutes or until cheese melts.

3 comments:

ReNee said...

O' this sounds so yummy I want to make it tonight. I hope I have enough money after buying gas to get the two ingredeance I am missing.

carizolli said...

Sounds delicious - I think I'll put it on my menu for the week. Thanks sis!

The Fife's said...

If you guys do try this please take a pic to post. I hope you guys like it. We sure did!!