Sunday, March 14, 2010

Streusel Coffeecake

Ok this is the coffeecake that I use to make for my family when I felt like something sweet for breakfast. A nice tall glass of ice cold milk and this hits the spot. Enjoy

Ingredients
Batter:
1 ½ cups flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine (melted
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ cup milk
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
¾ cup sugar

Streusel layer:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons soft butter or margarine
½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
2 tablespoons flour

Preheat oven to 375F. Grease an 8x8x2 inch pan
Make streusel layer in a small bowl: combine all ingredients; mix with a fork until crumbly.
Make batter. Add all dry ingredients, set aside. In medium bowl with beater beat egg sugar and butter together until well combined. Add the dry ingredients a little at a time while mixing on low speed.
Pour half of the batter into pan then put half of the streusel in evenly on top add other half of batter then the rest of the streusel layer.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool partially, in pan, on wire rack. Serve warm

3 comments:

The Fife's said...

Thanks mommy. I can't wait to make it again!!

carizolli said...

That's so weird! I was just thinking of this coffee cake last week! NO KIDDING! Someone brought a fruity coffee cake to work and I was remembering the coffee cake we use to have growing up, and wishing I had the recipe.

So this post was truly inspired :) thanks mom!

**the muirs** said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHH I love coffee cake! I'm SO excited to make it now!