Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crepes

...or Swedish Pancakes...or Norwegian Pancakes...doesn't matter what you call them, they are delicious!
3 eggs
1 1/4 C milk (or soy milk)
3/4 C flour
1 T sugar
1/2 t Salt

(Makes about 8 crepes) Combine all ingredients and mix well. Using a medium-sized pan on medium heat, pour batter into hot, buttered pan, just enough to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side.

You can fill them with ANYTHING. I've had them with ice cream, pie filling, cottage cheese & fruit, but my favorite is yogurt. This morning I filled it with french vanilla bean yogurt and topped with frozen/thawed blueberries and powdered sugar. I think that is my favorite so far!

Heidi found a cream cheese filling that she likes to use, I imaging it's like cheesecake. I bet that's incredible too!

Feel free to share your favorite filling!

3 comments:

ReNee said...

I love it, you are so right, it doesn't matter what you call it, it's good.

**the muirs** said...

Oh my heavens, now I'm totally craving it! Thanks alot Cari! :)

The Fife's said...

I craved these after your post and made Mark make them for me on Valentines Day. Delicious!!!