Friday, December 12, 2008

Nutmeg Logs

This is by far my favorite Christmas cookie. They are little bites of eggnoggie heaven!

Cookie:
1 C butter
3/4 C sugar
1 1/4 t nutmeg
1 egg
2 t rum extract
2 t vanilla
3 C flour

Cream butter and sugar. Add nutmeg, egg and extracts. Mix thoroughly. Sift flour and measure into cream mixture. Shape into 1/2" X 3" logs.

Bake at 350 for 15 mins.

Frosting:
1/4 C soft butter
3 C powdered sugar
1 t vanilla
1 t rum extract
2 T milk

Mix together. Spread on cookie logs. Run a fork thru the frosting to resemble bark. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

Psst...I cheat and buy Pilsbury frosting (since it's dairy-free) and add the rum. Also, this time I used my cake decorating tool to frost them - it made it so quick and easy...and pretty.

1 comment:

ReNee said...

mmm........
those look so good I wish I had one right now.