Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Monkey Bread


Perfect Christmas breakfast! You throw it all together the night before and then cook it in the morning - easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy! I found this recipe on another recipe blog.

18 frozen dinner rolls (like Rhodes)

½ C. brown sugar
1 small pkg. regular butterscotch pudding mix (cook 'n serve - NOT instant)
½ C. melted margarine

Place frozen rolls in greased bundt pan. Sprinkle on dry ingredients. Pour melted margarine over all. Cover with foil, then a dishcloth. Let stand on counter overnight. In the morning, bake at 325ยบ for 20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes then invert onto plate. Best when served warm.

(Just a warning! When I made these it didn't look like 18 rolls was going to be enough so I added about 10 more - by the time it was done rising and cooking, I had rolls popping out all over the place, and the center was doughy...so believe them when they say 18 rolls!)

1 comment:

ReNee said...

I love the pic. It looks so good. Jen and I were talking about this the other day. It looks like a family thing to me although we did say that everyone has their own special twist on it. I was told that anyone does it different so those that do it different should write the difference on the blog so we can see them.