Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Crock Pot French Dips

So I follow a LOT of different recipe blogs because I love trying new recipes. I found this recipe and just had to try it! Now that I'm working full time twice a week, my crock pot is my best friend.

This dip reminded me of Sunday afternoons when mom would put a roast in the oven to cook while we were at church and when we got home from church she would dip a slice a bread in the juice and give it to us as a little pre-dinner snack. Ahh...fond memories! I love you, mom!

French Dip Meat

Pot roast (about 2-4 lbs)
1 can beef broth + about 1/2 can of water (depending on the size of your roast)
1 pkg. dry Au Jus seasoning
1 pkg. dry Zesty Italian dressing

Stick it all in your crock pot and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 4-5 hours...or until tender. Shred or slice beef (our's was too tender to slice). Serve the meat on rolls with mozzarella cheese. Ladle the juice into a small dish for dipping. We also sauteed mushrooms, bell peppers and onions. It was SO good!

2 comments:

**the muirs** said...

oh man that totally made me crave some bread in meat juice! :)

The Fife's said...

That sounds so delicious. Did you put cheese on this? I think it would be really good with some swiss cheese.