Friday, May 13, 2011

Banana Blueberry Pancakes


Best pancakes HANDS DOWN! I made these this morning with our over ripe bananas and some blueberries that I froze and then defrosted...(bad idea, they turned crazy mushy!) I made Boston a Mickey Mouse pancake and made a face with chocolate chips on it...It was delicious with the chocolate...I might just add them in the batter next time I make them. I didn't have any whole wheat flour so I just used all white flour. I bet it would taste SO good with the wheat though!

Banana Blueberry Pancakes


1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Maple syrup, optional

In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine the egg, milk, bananas and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired.

Yield:
14 pancakes.

1 comment:

ReNee said...

O yumm that sounds so good I will have to try it!