Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pork Chops with Lime, Cilantro and Garlic

So I bought a bunch of cilantro specifically for Gina's Cilantro Lime Rice (see below), but I still had/have a ton left over so I decided to look up some other recipes that call for cilantro and try to use as much as possible before it goes bad on me.

I made these pork chops tonight and they were incredible!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup mayonaise
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (I didn't have this, so I used chili powder)
  • 8 pork chops

Directions:

Prep Time: 5 mins

Total Time: 20 mins

Blend the first 5 ingredients, cover and place in the fridge for an hour or longer.

Reserve 1/2 cup of mayo blend. Grill or BBQ (I pan-fried mine with a little olive oil) brushing the chops with the mayo blend, continue brushing and cooking until the chops are done, turning them halfway through (apprx 15 minutes total).

Serve with the reseved mayo mixture on the side.

No comments: