Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cilantro Lime Rice

Holy Moly. I found this recipe on a blog a while back and knew I would have to try it. It sounded so yummy. I made it on Monday and it was, indeed, delicious. So light and fresh tasting. And healthy too. I got it from Gina's Skinny Recipes. I didn't take a picture because we had the missionaries over for dinner. I thought they might think I was crazy. Maybe I'll get a picture next time I make it. Oh yes, there will be a next time! Maybe even tomorrow night!

Thank you Gina! (whoever/wherever you are!)

Chipotle's "Skinny" Cilantro Lime Rice
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
  • 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice
  • 1/2 lime, juice of
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
  • 4 tsp vegetable oil
In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute.

In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.

No comments: