Friday, October 8, 2010

ReNee's Salsa

It is named this because I couldn't come up with anything more creative.
OK, you have to be somewhat of a cook to do this. I once had a chef say to me "A real cook doesn't use measurements. You know a dash of this a pinch of that and taste it and if it needs a little of this or that then add it."
So here goes.

Take some tomatoes I use about 6, Roma's are the best but others will do.
Add about 3 green onions, if you don't have green onions then use what you have (red onions are good).
Put in some Cilantro, I clip some of the bunch that I get at the produce and add more if I need to.
Add Lime juice to taste,
Add salt (be careful you don't want to add too much)
A little garlic powder or garlic salt (I have even used fresh on occasion)
Put all of this through a Chopper of some kind. I got one from my daughter, Cheryl, and it works really good, before that I use a blender but you have to be careful that you don't turn it into a drink). The chopper is better.
I add a little Tabasco to spice it up sometimes, and Habanero sauce, I understand is good, but it is too Hot for me. So there you go. Grab some chips or make some (if you don't know how let me know and I will add that recipe.) Take care and have fun!

No comments: